Have you recently stumbled over transparent stickers and wondered how we can achieve such high clarity? Or are you just curious to find out more about stickers? We have got you covered. In this article, we will take a look at the components that make a transparent sticker, what to keep in mind when designing it and its ideal usage.
But first, what is a transparent sticker?
No matter if you call them transparent stickers or clear stickers; both terms refer to a see-through vinyl- or PP-base with a self-adhesive back. This see-through effect allows us to create a stained-glass-like look when we print color over it. However, this is not a must. If you are after an opaque (non-see-through) look, we can print white behind these to create vibrant colors.
And what is a transparent sticker made out of?
Let’s get into the nitty-gritty parts of a transparent sticker. To illustrate each element, we have created a visual aid for you.
- This is a gloss laminate. Stickers are laminate to protect your design and make them resistant to scratches, sunlight, water and chemicals.
- Next is the printed layer a.k.a. your design. Using the latest technology, there are almost no limits to the designs that can be printed.
- The clear vinyl base. This is what gives the sticker the see-through effect that makes it really stand out.
- This is the adhesive. Transparent stickers usually use a medium-strength adhesive which sticks to most surfaces.
- Finally, the backing paper. This ensures that the sticker will peel off easily and gives it a premium feel.
When should you use a transparent sticker?
Transparent stickers are ideal when you want your design to really stand out. The lack of background colors and effects allows your design to be seen. Stickers with a clear background are also great for any application where you would like the surface these stickers will be applied to to be visible. Here, you have to be careful; you do not want to apply a white design to a white surface or a dark design to a dark surface as your design will not be visible. Other than that, there are no limits when it comes to transparent stickers. They are available in any shape, from round to die-cut stickers, or on sheets.
And that’s it, everything you need to know about the making and usages of transparent or clear stickers. If you have questions or would like to share your favorite way to use transparent stickers, leave a comment, we can’t wait to hear from you!